Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Chrysalids - John Wyndham




This book is about a boy who had dreams about the city when he was little.David is the main character he's very abnormal. He thinks about devils half the time and he thinks threats are going to happen to him. His friend Sophie is very vulnerable and she doesn't really live the life was wants to. Sophie is different from other people. Sophie has six toes which isn't normal in the book. Sophie's mom doesn't want David to tell anyone that he visited her house. David is assuming that god hates Sophie just because she has six toes. Which doesn't really make sense. When David went home his family is very religious.They had religious sayings on the wall such as " only the image of god is man" and also watch thou for the mutant! There was other religious things in the house.



The interest that got me was that the theme in the story was very different , and interesting at the same time. To me I never read anything like that before its actually different from all the book we have to read.



What didn't interest me was that Sophie had six toes and nobody talked to her and she doesn't really get out of the house just for that reason. It's pretty stupid to me that is the only reason why. With god hating her for its not true its just very weird.



No , I can't see me reading the rest of the book because I wasn't really interested in the topic. I am not really a big fan of fantasy and science fiction books, and the 2 chapters I read wasn't really interesting.





No comments: